- Ice cubes will shrink the redness and inflammation of a pimple and make it less noticeable.
- Blend some oatmeal with water and gently spread it onto your skin. Leave it until it dries (10-15 minutes). This mask is gentle and safe.
- Slice a raw white potato and place it on top of your acne outbreaks. Leave for five to seven minutes. It will helps with acne healing as well as reducing the swelling and inflammation.
- Yogurt is highly effective for treating acne as it consists of the vital nutrients for healthy body and skin. You can apply yogurt topically as acne reducing mask or consume it orally and provide our body with the much needed nutrients that will help to reduce our acne. Read more on how to use yogurt for treating acne.
- Beat two egg whites until foamy. Then add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Add more lemon juice if your skin is very oily.
- Easy way to reduce acne scars is by applying mint juice to the scar for few minutes so it sinks in the skin than slowly wash it off. Repeat this every morning for some time and you will see how effective is this homemade acne scar remedy.
- Aloe Vera is another homemade acne treatment that seems to pop up every time acne home treatments are mentioned. The gel inside the plant can easily be applied and generally has a strengthening and healing effect on skin.